Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
Now, this is how you make a sandwich without compromise! Delicious, nutritious and ridiculously simple to make, you won’t believe this tempeh BLT is 100% plant-based.
Recipe by Better Nature
- 3 tsps extra virgin olive oil (or any oil of your choice)
- 120g (approx. 4 rashers) of Better Nature Tempeh Rashers
- 4 slices of bread (our favourite is white sourdough)
- 3 tbsps vegan mayo
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tomato, finely sliced
- 1 gem lettuce, sliced into leaves
- Optional: ½ avocado, finely chopped
- Optional: 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the Tempeh Rashers and cook for 5 minutes on either side until browned.
- Lightly toast the bread to your liking.
- Mix the vegan mayo, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt, garlic and lemon juice together in a bowl until they form a consistent mixture.
- Place the lettuce and tomato on two of the slices of bread. Place the Tempeh Rashers on top, followed by the mayo, then avocado and spring onions if you’re including these. Then place the other slice of bread on top.
- Serve up and enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!