STICKY RIBZ SUB WITH SLAW
Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
Tucking into this in public is a recipe for disaster. But an indulgent, delicious, moreish disaster which is the best kind!
Recipe by Better Nature
- 180g (1 pack) of our Southern-style BBQ Ribz
- 2 burger buns
- 100g of pickled gherkins, finely sliced
- 100g of red cabbage, finely sliced
STICKY BBQ SAUCE:
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200g passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil for the BBQ sauce in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan until lightly browned.
- Add the passata, tomato puree, agave syrup, paprika, balsalmic vinegar and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Heat the sauce until it comes to the boil.
- Let the sauce mixture cool for 10 minutes, then blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Heat the ribz in a preheated oven at 150ºC (gas mark 2) for 10 to 12 minutes. Alternatively, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in the Ribz and cook for 4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned.
- Add the ribz to the buns, along with the pickles and cabbage, and drizzle the BBQ sauce on top. Serve and enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!