STICKY JERK RIBZ WITH PINEAPPLE RICE
Difficulty rating: For home cooks Serves: 4 people
Why not jazz up our tempeh ribz with some sticky sweetness? Heaven on a plate, we think so!
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food
FOR THE RIBZ:
- 360g (2 packs) of our Southern-style BBQ Ribz
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 50ml pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp dark soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- juice 1/3 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large banana shallot , finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 200g pack fresh pineapple chunks, finely diced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 200g basmati rice, cooked and cooled
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- Lay the ribs in a roasting tin and rub all over with 1/2 tbsp of the jerk spice mix. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hrs, or preferably overnight.
- Heat the ribz in a preheated oven at 150ºC (gas mark 2) for 10 to 12 minutes. Alternatively, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in the Ribz and cook for 4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned.
- Mix the remaining jerk spice mix, pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, lime juice and a good pinch of salt in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar dissolves, then bubble until thick and sticky.
- To make the rice, heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the shallot and pepper, and stir-fry until softened. Add the pineapple, brown sugar and plenty of seasoning, and continue cooking until the pineapple starts to caramelise.
- Remove the ribz from the oven. Brush the jerk sauce all over them and return to the oven for 20 mins, brushing with any remaining sauce every 5 mins or so, until the ribz are really sticky.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan with the pineapple and vegetables, stir-fry for a further 2 mins, stirring occasionally, then add the coriander. And you're ready to serve up!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!