Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
Ridiculously simple, unbelievably nutritious, and utterly delicious. Not sure if a burger without compromise really exists? Think again!
Recipe by Better Nature
- 6 tsps extra virgin olive oil (or any oil of your choice)
- 120g (approx. 4 rashers) of Better Nature Tempeh Rashers
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 seeded burger buns, sliced into two
- ½ gem lettuce, sliced into leaves
- 1 small tomato, finely sliced
- 2 slices vegan cheese (our favourite is Applewood Smoked)
- 3 tbsps vegan mayo
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the Tempeh Rashers and cook for 5 minutes on either side until browned.
- Heat the other half of the olive oil in another large pan over medium-high heat. Add the two portobello mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on either side until soft and browned.
- Lightly toast the burger buns to your liking.
- Mix the vegan mayo, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt, garlic and lemon juice together in a bowl until they form a consistent mixture.
- Once the rashers, mushrooms, burger buns and spicy garlic mayo are ready, you can create your burger. Place the lower buns first, followed by the lettuce leaves, then the vegan cheese slices, the tomato slices, the portobello mushrooms, a generous spoonful of spicy garlic mayo, the Tempeh Rashers, and finally the top buns.
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!