Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
Indulgent? Tick. Nutritious? Tick. Enjoy the rich, meaty bite of the Kebab Strips, the carby goodness of the chips and the freshness of the salad!
Recipe by Better Nature
- 180g (1 pack) of our Shawarma-spiced Kebab Strips
- 5 tsp oil for cooking
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 white potatoes (we use Maris Piper), finely sliced into chips
- 80g gem lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g fresh parsley, sliced
- 100g vegan yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small lemon, squeezed
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Place the sliced potatoes onto a baking tray, covering with 4 tsps of oil and 1 pinch of salt, and into the oven. Cook for 45 minutes, until thoroughly browned.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the strips and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the parsley, vegan yoghurt, garlic, red onion and lemon together to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the red cabbage, olive oil, lemon and salt together in a bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Plate up the lettuce, tomato and cucumber, followed by the cabbage mixture, the strips and the chips. Drizzle with the yoghurt dressing. Serve up and enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!