Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 4 people
If you're looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner that you know everyone will enjoy, these pitta wraps have got you covered! Packed with flavour and nutrition, you really can't go wrong here.
Recipe by Better Nature
- 360g (2 packs) of our Shawarma-spiced Kebab Strips
- 6 tsps oil for cooking
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 50g fresh parsley, sliced
- 100g vegan yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small lemon, squeezed
- 4 large brown pitta breads
- 100g hummus
- a few rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat 4 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the aubergine to the pan and cook for about 15 minutes, until softened.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the strips and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the parsley, vegan yoghurt, garlic, red onion and lemon together to form a smooth consistency.
- Lightly toast the pitta breads and cut in half. Place the strips and aubergine into the pitta, along with the yoghurt mixture.
- Top with hummus and rocket leaves to serve. Enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!