Difficulty rating: For rookies Serves: 2 people
The perfect plate to share with friends or family! Because as long as there's plenty to go around, Unleashing your Better Nature can also be a group activity, right?
Recipe by Better Nature
- 150g (1 pack) of our Sweet & Smoky Rashers
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- 100g tortilla chips
- 50g vegan cheese (we use Applewood Smoked Vegan Cheese)
- 100g cashews or walnuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsps miso paste or soy sauce
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, finely chopped
- 50g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Soak the cashews or walnuts in boiling water for 20 minutes, until they expand and soften.
- Blend the soaked cashews or walnuts with the other vegan cheese sauce ingredients, until they form a smooth consistency.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the rashers and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Finely chop the rashers into small pieces.
- Turn the oven on at 150ºC (gas mark 2). Plate up the tortilla chips, Sweet & Smoky Rashers, vegan cheese sauce and vegan cheese, and place in the oven for 10 minutes - until the vegan cheese has melted.
- Take the nachos out of the oven and add the salsa. Serve up and enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!