Difficulty rating: For home cooks Serves: 4 people
Lose yourself in this cheesy, smoky, carby delight. Now that's a way to spend an evening!
Recipe by Better Nature
- 150g (1 pack) of our Sweet & Smoky Rashers
- 1 tsp of oil for cooking
- 4 Large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50g vegan cream cheese
- 150g vegan cheese (we use Applewood Smoked Vegan cheese)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 50g fresh chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- 100g vegan sour cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and bake the potatoes for about an hour until they are cooked all the way through.
- Once cool enough to touch, slice the potatoes in half and scoop out the middle into a bowl, ready to use later on.
- Place the empty potato shells onto a baking tray, placing them back into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the 1 tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the rashers and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the rashers and add in the mushrooms to cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rashers, mushrooms, spring onions, cream cheese, half of the grated cheddar and salt and pepper to taste, into the bowl containing the inside of the potatoes. Mix together until they form a smooth consistency.
- Remove the potato shells from the oven and share the mixture between them. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Pop back into the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and crispy.
- Garnish with the chives and serve with the vegan sour cream.
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do! We'd love to hear/see how you got on with it, so please share an image and tag us on Instagram!